Wednesday 14 September 2011

OPEN LETTER TO A MUMBAI EUNUCH


Dear Mumbai Eunuch,

Salaam from the North of Mumbai, or as you may know it as, the fuckking suburbs that nobody cares about. I came to your city 2 years ago with a brand new job and a bucketload of underwear. My friends and family here thought I was completely insane to choose Mumbai over more alcohol conducive cities like Goa or even Bangalore. I am very sad to report that your reputation of being scary, irritating freaks with the clapping strength of overzealous devotees on crack precedes you and it hurts me even more to admit to this rather accurate description.

Your reputation has travelled far and wide, to countries outside India as well. And believe me man/woman/whatever you are, it is not a pretty situation. I understand that your dirty saaree, ripped abs, your V-neck blouse showing stuff that reveals to the world that you have inherited your fathers vomit inducing shaved bosom, are what you think maketh a woman, but it does not. I write to you as a man who has been brought up in a society free of any discrimination towards men stuck  in auto rickshaws at traffic signals, so thanks to you, my living in Mumbai is as safe as Woody Allen living in WWII Germany.

You meet me at a red signal, talk to me about giving you a fiver, and when I look like I don’t give a fuck, you think I have an attitude problem?  I understand this completely. But let me remind you that I am from Goa and not Goregaon, so no ,I am not scrawny, I am not fair, I don’t have straight long hair and my topics of conversation go beyond the Ranndi I saw in last night. I am olive-skinned, have lower –back-pain that sometimes makes me feel like I fell out Jim Morrison’s tour bus. Got a problem with that? Well just suck it up coz I was born into a society where a man can travel by rickshaws and trains without the fear of bumping into one of your type. Could you ever, my chunky handsome, cash begging  pig, imagine this kind of power in your society? So stop telling me that straight men are treated with respect where you come from. Just shut up and admit to it. It’s just easier that way.

And your Hindi. Good Lord, what in the world is up with that? I don’t want you to ‘Eh Raaaju… De Reyyyyy..Dey Naaaa…’  me anything. It’s like you need to go to primary school all over again. And call them your implants, not your ‘impleeeents’ or what your cooler, more happening brethren call them—‘Mere Mummmey’. Like what are they? Conjoined twins? Are they joined at the hip? Your goan counterparts may not have your looks, but are way more mentally stimulating, a quality that eludes you obviously, but has been the single most sexy factor for us since the age of five. I mean once again, who can blame you? You were brought up on Devang Patel  and the heroic deeds of  Karan Johar and the ever so fair concepts such as Bobby Darling , while we mere ‘black-colour waale’ mortals had to make do with Drinking glasses, S & M and Cheese. Shame no? And yes, if by a slight chance, you do find my big dancer thighs attractive enough for you to prolong our conversations and meetings at the traffic signal and if by an even slighter chance you fall in love with my thighs while stroking them when im stranded and shit scared sitting inside an auto at a red signal, you will have to deny being a “Munda” and you will have to lie about your prostrate. A small price to pay for all the genuine independence I am giving up for you. And that’s the real thing, not what you see the Goan guys at Xaviers and Stephen’s doing during their fake as hell protest marches coz ultimately they’re going home to a family who’re putting together money for Bobby darlings boobs coz he just decided to change his sex, by mistake of course.

For someone who is so confident of their physical abilities you really suck at coaxing an intelligent man. Don’t stroke my leg in a way that implies ‘happy endings’, you freakshow and if you want to be cute with your ever so charming (not) eunuch advances, then don’t say stuff  like “De Dey….Warna khol duungi ”! NO. It’s just not cool man. I may have have missed on a lot in this letter, but that’s ok because you’ll forget to read it and even if you do , you’ll get your cousin from Saki Naka signal  to translate it for you. And this letter can’t go on forever like your persistence to get some money out of me.

Yours
Raaaaaaaaaju
(Only I can call myself that. If you EVER call me by this name, I will shove so many coins down your system that every time you sit down to take a shit , it will sound like Uncle Scrooge’s money bin.  )

53 comments:

  1. LOL ! Superb, simply great reading !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUCKING HILARIOUS. ITS 11:30PM, my folks are asleep and I LAUGHED OUT LOUD. My dad came running asking what happened!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWO..

    *Take a bow*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!! A big Hijda-like clap for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, u gave the best closure to the issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who so ever you are, man!

    Take a bow! Absolutely funny! One of the best things I read this morning!

    Regards,
    Bhavin
    http://blogsbybugs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really hillarious. Keep it up. Anybody who's read the original will certainly burst into pieces and roll on the floor. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best spoof EVER! the last line just killed it! awesomeness! everyone at office thinks i'm crazy.. HILARIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHA! This is amazing! Way to end the open letter debate ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFL.. :D :D
    Best spoof of "Open Letter"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And how about cutting into the original just as sweetly??

    http://openlettertoopenlettergirl.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome man! a perfect slap on the "stuck-up Southie's" face! Please read my answer to the original open letter at http://worldemort.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/an-open-reply-by-someone-in-between/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post got me cracking!! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ROFL!!!!! Awesome!!! While this 'open letter' thing is getting out of hand, let me quickly tell you I loved your spoof!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too much :P And the second last Para (coaxing a good looking innocent guys) is in a different league....

    U may have missed out about Enunchs in Gardens harassing u when u r having a quiet moment wid that pretty girl....

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Kickass ... what a hilarious take on Madrasan melodrama
    You made my day "The Goan Boy"

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO -
    but a couple of things... its prostate... not prostrate...
    and secondly - Since when is Mumbai less alcohol conducive than bangalore?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry. Didn't check for typos. Corrections will be made.

    ReplyDelete
  19. did anyone actually understand the source of her unhappiness read this..one of her earlier blogs

    http://raagshahana.blogspot.com/2011/08/booty-and-beast.html

    "Diboo seemed to sense what I needed. He looked at me and asked “So do you read blogs and stuff?” I told him I thought the whole concept of a blog was self –centered and I did not care about what people had to say because I hate people.

    I was to read this boy’s blog and feel better.
    When I went home that night, tired and a tad inebriated, I sat down to read this gentleman’s rants. As luck would have it, the first post I

    I was hooked.

    He was witty, humourous and observant. But chuck that-he was also young, not married, spoke correct English AND lived in New Delhi. This boy gave me hope.".....


    http://heelspoke.blogspot.com/2011/09/chumma-letter-to-not-so-open-madrasan.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. frickin hilarious.. no disrespect to the MADRASAN but this takes the cake!!

    (PS: don't feed me the coconuts but I just don't know what else to call you!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. what I found common between you and Shahana- Political incorrectness of dope levels..

    What is NOT common between you two- you are friggin' hilarious!! I was feeling guilty of laughing at the expense of eunuchs ( who I think deserve to be treated more respectfully, on a serious note!), but I choked myself laughing imagining the plight of a man stuck in an immobile auto suffering their dreaded singsong threats..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fucking awesome Raaaaaaaaaju! xD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool shit it is. A spoof well done is funnier than an original. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm going to die laughing...and this is the 100th time i've read it (no shit)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome dude.... This should go viral ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  26. Had few good laughs after that Uppity girls' horrible blog that oozed of all things unpleasant and hateful.Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Applause!!!!! Overzealous devotee style!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog is just appalling... just blech.. if only u could attempt at better humour... these are all ur frens, I presume, rofl-ing at this rubbish u've churned out "in retaliation"..

    for the sake of time (everyone's.. who claps eyes on ur blog and reads for a few seconds before throwing up) pls make sense next time. try atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Mgeorge Who said it was retaliation ? Aren't you aware of something known as a "spoof" ?

    ReplyDelete
  30. top post dude! don't remember the last time i laughed so much... :-)

    Eh Raaaju... De Reyyyyy..Dey Naaaa... Please write more Raa...

    ReplyDelete
  31. great work man !!

    brilliant spoof !!

    ReplyDelete
  32. BAWAHAHAHA :D Dude, this is awesome! But .. I still LOVE Bombay.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice one ... but isn't this blog a strange coincidence http://raagshahana.blogspot.in/2011/09/open-letter-to-delhi-boy.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  34. i have lower back pain too! good stuff

    ReplyDelete